Jan. 24, 2020
– Rep. Craig Staats (R-Bucks) announced today that the Office of the State Fire Commissioner is awarding grants to fire, ambulance and rescue squads statewide, including several in Bucks County.
The grants, which are being awarded through the 2019-20 Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service Grant Program, may be used for construction or renovation of a unit’s station, the purchase or repair of equipment, training or debt reduction. The program is funded solely from state gaming proceeds.
“We are very fortunate in our legislative district to have emergency services providers that we can rely on to protect our lives and property,” said Staats. “I am happy to announce that fire and ambulance companies in the 145th Legislative District will receive state grants totaling nearly $133,000, which will assist them in serving our communities.”
The grant recipients are as follows:
• Grand View Hospital EMS $ 9,192.
• Milford Township Vol. Fire Co. No.1 $13,700.
• Northern Bucks Wildland Fire, Inc. $12,500.
• Perkasie Fire Co. No.1 $13,837.
• Quakertown Vol. Fire Dept. No.1 $14,248.
• Richlandtown Fire Co. $13,290.
• Sellersville Fire Dept. $14,248.
• Shelly Fire Co., Inc. $13,290.
• Trumbauersville Fire Co. No.1 $14,248.
• West End Fire Co. $14,248.
To see the complete list of grants, click here
Representative Craig Staats
145th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Donna Pinkham